The Rocket® is a dynamic, energetic practice developed by Larry Schultz in the 80s. It is based on the traditional Ashtanga Yoga series. However, the different with this style is that Rocket removes the hierarchy of postures, giving students control over their own creative process.
This course includes:
• Daily practices
• The history of Rocket and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
• Usage and meaning of Mantras – Opening chants of Ashtanga’s lineages
• Developing a daily pranayama practice
• Mat Markings – How to use mat marking as an alignment aid, tailored to your body and practice
• Integrating breath, bandhas, and drishti into your practice and teaching
• Floating and flying techniques
• Teaching methodology for Rocket 1, 2 & 3
• Finding creativity within The Rocket sequencing
• Learn the three faces of the practice (modification, classical and creative variation)
• Hands on adjustments/ Assisting – Learn to effectively assist the foundational postures as well as the more advanced Asanas
In 2015 David was invited by Ricardo Martin to travel to Thailand and train as a teacher of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga 200 Hrs and in 「The Rocket」 100 Hrs. He got certified as a It’s500 by It’s Yoga International when he finished his 300Hrs Rocket Teacher Training. David later lived in London where hw practiced in Indaba Yoga Studio and thanks to Work and Change or Karma Yoga he got to know different styles of Yoga.
He worked hand in hand with international teachers such as Ambra Vallo in Italy being granted with a Level 2 Advanced Teacher Training 100Hrs.
During all these years David has had the opportunity to teach and learn yoga around the world becoming a E-RYT 500H and YACEP provider. He is certified as a Rocket® Teacher Training provider and gives courses in Spain and around Europe.
We regularly add new class types to our studio schedule. Subscribe to our newsletter and stay tuned for more upcoming classes!